The Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDCTPS) is designed for professionals concern in supporting the emotional welfare and mental health of children. Upon completion of the programme, PGDCTPS empowers you with the essential skills to start working with children through the various methodology used in play therapy.
The programme also includes a 100-hour of practicum which leads to an International Certification as a Practitioner in Therapeutic Play Skills.
For other information relating to Play Therapy, kindly refer to: www.playtherapy.org
The overall purpose is to enable participants to practise safely and effectively using therapeutic play skills within a variety of settings. Participants will be trained to provide emotional and psychological support to children facing minor to moderate issues.
The Post Graduate Certificate of Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDCTPS) consists of a 15-day programme with 120 contact lecture hours. Upon completion, it leads to the Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDCTPS) which accredits and recognises you as a Certified Play Therapist internationally.
|Introduction to Play Therapy||· Introduction to Play Therapy Principles
· Setting up a Play Therapy Session
· Development of Practice within an Integrative Holistic Model
· Types of Therapy Skills, E.g., Sand, Music, and Art Therapy Skills
· Legal aspects and regulatory frameworks
· Standards of training and practice
|The Introduction to the Use of Different Modalities||· Child Development and Attachment Theory
· The Use of Clay, Movement, and Puppets to work therapeutically with children
· Appraise Therapeutic Interventions
· Child Protection Procedures
· Assessment and Practice
· Ethical Issues
|Additions of other Play Therapy ‘Tools’ and Related Theories||· Application of Principles of Neuroscience
· Integration of Therapeutic Interventions, E.g., Therapeutic Story Writing, the Use of Sand Tray Work, and Creative Visualisation
· Examine and Apply Safety Procedures
· Understanding and Contributing to Play Therapy Research
To complete the programme, the candidate must fulfil the following:
Candidates should possess at least ONE of the following to be admitted to the PGDCTPS programme:
For applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements, on a case-by-case basis, they may be required to take on bridging modules FIRST, before enrolling into this course.
|Preview Days & Time||Mondays – Saturdays
*Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.
|New Intake Commencement||17th October 2018 / Wednesday / 9.00am|
Duration: 15 Days. Contact Hours: 120 Hours.
17th – 31th October 2018 (15 Days)
*All lessons are conducted between 9.00am – 5.00pm, unless otherwise stated.Course FeePayment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS Payment Mode Cash / Credit Card
ENQUIRY & PREVIEW REGISTRATION
For programme enquiries and registration for a programme preview, kindly contact us by :
Yudi : +628176028863 or email: email@example.com