Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy (PGDDPT) allows students to further explore ways of integrating the child as the centre of a social system, which includes schools, families and a team of support The main items in the ‘Play Therapy Tool-Kit’ are revisited at a greater level of competence, put into practice with more difficult problems and used as assessment methods. The programme also includes a 100-hour of practicum which leads to an International Certification as a Practitioner in Therapeutic Play Skills.
For other information relating to Play Therapy, kindly refer to: www.playtherapy.org
As the second phrase towards the Masters (MA) in Practise Based Play Therapy, students of the Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy (PGDDPT) will have to complete the 15-day programme which consists of 120 contact hours as a pre-requisite for the MA programme. Graduates of the PGDDPT programme can then proceed to pursue further in the MA in Practice Based Play Therapy while being certified internationally as a Play Therapist.
|Working Therapeutically with Groups and Research Methods||
· Developing metaphors for group working.
· Introduction to research methods.
· Developing expressive art skills.
· Dance and movement for groups.
· Assessment on special cases, e.g. Autism, Mental/Physical Disability.
|Developing Expressive Art Skills and Assessment||
· Working with Parents/Teachers
· Further training in Expressive Art Skills
· Assessments through observation using video special cases e.g. adopted, fostered
|Developing Theatre Form Skills and Supporting Clients Through Loss||
· Therapeutic Story Telling
· Assessment methods on special cases e.g. loss/bereavement, separation
|Developing Symbolic Play Skills and Supporting Children who have experienced Trauma||
· Advanced Skills, E.g. Sand Play
· Working with Metaphors
· Assessment methods on special cases e.g. physically and sexually abused children
|Advanced Development for Play Therapist in Practice||
· Profession Play Therapist Development
· Assessment in Special Cases e.g. Working with Terminally Ill or Abuse
· Court Work
· Student Presentation
To complete the programme, the candidate must fulfil the following:
Candidates must complete the Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills and with a minimum of 50 supervised clinical sessions with children.
COURSE FEE & INFORMATION
|Preview Days & Time||Mondays – Saturdays *Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.|
|New Intake Commencement Date / Day / Time||24 August 2015 / Monday / 9.00am|
|Contact Hours||120 Hours|
|Schedule||1st Blocks: 24 August – 4 September 2015 (5 Days) *All lessons are conducted between 9.00am – 5.00pm, unless otherwise stated.|
|Course Fee Structure||Payment to be made to COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS|
ENQUIRY & PREVIEW REGISTRATION
For programme enquiries and registration for a programme preview, kindly contact us by :
Thank You for your interest in our programme! We look forward to hear and see you soon!