Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy (PGDDPT) allows students to further explore ways of integrating the child as the centre of a social system, which includes schools, families and a team of support The main items in the ‘Play Therapy Tool-Kit’ are revisited at a greater level of competence, put into practice with more difficult problems and used as assessment methods. The programme also includes a 100-hour of practicum which leads to an International Certification as a Therapist.
For other information relating to Play Therapy, kindly refer to: www.playtherapy.org or www.playtherapy.id
- A sound understanding of the principles underlying play therapy and the appropriate use of techniques.
- An ability to assess children’s needs and set up a play therapy services unit.
- An ability to make decisions taking into account the ethical issues concerning all parties involved.
- Increased confidence in using play therapy with children and adolescents and communications with referrers, parents and guardians.
- The counselling, therapeutic and practical skills to carry out effective play therapy with all children.
- Awareness of your own process and development.
- A comprehensive theoretical knowledge of child development and child psychology.
- The ability to use a full play therapy tool-kit comprehensively.
- An understanding of play therapy research issues and methods.
As the second phrase towards the Masters (MA) in Practise Based Play Therapy, students of the Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy (PGDDPT) will have to complete the 15-day programme which consists of 120 contact hours as a pre-requisite for the MA programme. Graduates of the PGDDPT programme can then proceed to pursue further in the MA in Practice Based Play Therapy while being certified internationally as a Play Therapist.
|Working Therapeutically with Groups and Research Methods||
· Developing metaphors for group working.
· Introduction to research methods.
· Developing expressive art skills.
· Dance and movement for groups.
· Assessment on special cases, e.g. Autism, Mental/Physical Disability.
|Developing Expressive Art Skills and Assessment||
· Working with Parents/Teachers
· Further training in Expressive Art Skills
· Assessments through observation using video special cases e.g. adopted, fostered
|Developing Theatre Form Skills and Supporting Clients Through Loss||
· Therapeutic Story Telling
· Assessment methods on special cases e.g. loss/bereavement, separation
|Developing Symbolic Play Skills and Supporting Children who have experienced Trauma||
· Advanced Skills, E.g. Sand Play
· Working with Metaphors
· Assessment methods on special cases e.g. physically and sexually abused children
|Advanced Development for Play Therapist in Practice||
· Profession Play Therapist Development
· Assessment in Special Cases e.g. Working with Terminally Ill or Abuse
· Court Work
· Student Presentation
To complete the programme, the candidate must fulfil the following:
- A presentation of a 4000-word case study;
- An in-depth 3000-word essay on an aspect of play therapy;
- Satisfactory completion of a Process Diary;
- Continuous evaluation of course work contributions and ability to work with group dynamics;
- 3 assignments emerging from practice and 4 book reviews;
- 100 clinical hours working with children;
- One hour of clinical supervision for every 6 hours of clinical work; AND
- Demonstration of the theory taught in relation to child development and the use of therapeutic play techniques, assessment and child protection.
Candidates must complete the Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills and with a minimum of 50 supervised clinical sessions with children.
COURSE FEE & INFORMATION
|Preview Days & Time||Mondays – Saturdays *Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.|
|New Intake Commencement Date / Day / Time||27 April 2017 / Thursday / 9.00am|
|Contact Hours||120 Hours|
|Schedule||1st Blocks: 27-29 April 2017 (3 Days)
2nd Blocks: 18-20 May 2017 (3 Days)
3rd Blocks: 8-10 June 2017 (3 Days)
4th Blocks: 20-22 July 2017 (3 Days)
5th Blocks: 10-12 August 2017 (3 Days)
*All lessons are conducted between 9.00am – 5.00pm, unless otherwise stated.
|Course Fee Structure||Payment to be made to COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS|
ENQUIRY & PREVIEW REGISTRATION
For programme enquiries and registration for a programme preview, kindly contact us by :
- Yudi : +628176028863 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for your interest in our programme! We look forward to hear and see you soon!